Pioneer Hours

by Etude 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

I called those “time machine tricks”.

One day it dawned on me that some pio’s were fabricating precious hrs in the ministry. I stopped - It all seemed so pointless as I realized they were unproductive in their “ministries”.

Somehow they managed their personal self esteem in being called pioneers. In reality, they were sad people and impressed no one. All were uneducated, shallow, and pitiable. It still makes me sad thinking about it.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I remember that when I was a Pioneer that some Pios. and ordinary "Publishers" were exaggerating the actual time spent, but our little group of Pio's did not, and I did not for many years until I began to wake up.

One day I was taking the Report Slips out of the Box to hand them to the guy who collated the Report, and I saw the top one, it was from an Elder that I knew never did more than few minutes a week in the "Ministry", yet it showed 16 Hours on it.

I handed the bunch of Reports over, and said to the guy who took them off me "There are some Great Works of Fiction in that lot", he smiled and said yes, and nodded sagely.

If the lies about time didn't fool me and others, how did the ones telling the lies think they were fooling Jehovah ?

They didn't care, as long as when the C.O came to visit he saw how "spiritual" you were, all was fine, what a pathetic charade of a "faith" J.W's are !

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.
    Somehow they managed their personal self esteem in being called pioneers. In reality, they were sad people and impressed no one. All were uneducated, shallow, and pitiable. It still makes me sad thinking about it.

Yep, being honest, that describes me very well back than!😢😢😢

• Chevelle
    Chevelle

In the 70's I recall that they dropped Pious Sneering from 150 to 90 hours. But I could be wrong.

• Earnest
    Earnest

Regular pioneering was never 150 hours. There was a time when it was 120 hours, then 100 hours, then 90, then 70.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I was told the hours for full time in the 30's-40's was 150, although not called pioneers back then I think. Also "vacation pioneers" were for a 2 month minimum at 150 each month. My brother and sister were baptized kids then, and participated. They went out alone at 7 and 9 living in DTLA.

• St George of England
    St George of England

BS meaning Bull Shit i guess ?

Absolutely Stan, though it was not until many years later, when I found this site in fact, that I realised what a big mistake we had made all those years ago, though I blame indoctrination and brain washing by our parents. Neither of us ever submitted a report that wasn't accurate and truthful. What a waste! Too late now though.

George

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Pioneers status.

They luvvvvv having their "egos' stroked.

They get the fringe benefits.

• Earnest
    Earnest
    Dagney : I was told the hours for full time in the 30's-40's was 150, although not called pioneers back then I think.

On doing a bit more research I found the 1945 publication Organization Instructions for the Kingdom Publisher confirms what you said, namely (page 12, paragraph 34) :

Any publisher may make application to become a pioneer if that publisher can arrange his affairs so as to spend a minimum of I50 hours in the field service each month.

Special Pioneers had a requirement of 175 hours at that time (page 13, paragraph 40).

By 1955 the requirement for pioneers was 100 hours a month or 1200 hours a year (Preaching Together in Unity, page 19, paragraph 58). So I think my earlier recall of 120 hours a month for a pioneer was mistaken.

• Samcats
    Samcats

Reg Pioneer was 100 a month then dropped to 1000 a year. They recommended 90 a month to get 1000 but was actually 83.33

Vacation Pioneer was 100 a month. Next was temporary Pioneer which was also 100 a month or 75 for 2 weeks. Them came auxiliary Pioneer at 60 hours a month

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit