Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 08-19-2012 WT Review (SERVICE)

by blondie 16 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Nice waste of someone's time to go to the boasting session this Sunday. First, I will mention that unless you happened to be the characters mentioned in the washtowel, you will not get the same results. As I see it, Jeremiah got a raw deal--nothing but frustration and a "SHUT UP ABOUT IT AND JUST DO THE DAMN WORK!" from Jehovah. At which point, lack of further complaints means nothing but Jehovah didn't want to hear it.

Not to mention that these were prominent people. Of course, Jehovah is going to do more for prominent people than for us lowly pee-ons. Noah was a patriarch, and Moses was leading the Jewish people to their final destination. Jeremiah was a major prophet, and as I see, got pxxx poor treatment anyways. If Jeremiah could be treated like rubbish despite being a prominent prophet and then be told basically to shut up about it, is Jehovah going to treat you, a lowly Gentile in a "non-essential" position, any better? I don't think so. Why Jeremiah didn't turn to Satan after that incident, I will never figure out (unless he was Jewish and afraid that Satan would annihilate him). And Paul was the founder of Christi-SCAM-ity, once a prominent Pharisee and very Jewish as such. Bearing in mind, if Jehovah records these prominent leaders as examples, do you think he wants you, the lowly Gentile in a lowly position, to find real joy? Or, would he rather you thank him for doing stuff for prominent people?

And no, doing more isn't the answer. Jeremiah, despite being a prominent prophet, just got "SHUT UP AND DO MORE" for an answer. As for me, the lowly Gentile in a lowly position, pious-sneering would have made me a lowly Gentile in a slightly less lowly position. Being a hounder and pious-sneer would make me a lowly Gentile in a bit less lowly position. Still nowhere near the prominence needed so a bad experience would spoil his name for posterity. As there is no way I can get into a position where a bad experience from Jehovah would be a stench to his name forever, I think the answer is simply to do even less for Jehovah and support Satan instead.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

BTTT!

• BroMac
    BroMac

thank you Blondie!

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

What this aritcle is saying is ... if you don't listen to us and do what we say, the Governing Body, who can be likened to Jehovah talking to Moses in a burning bush, you are not living up to your dedication to Jehovah.

by [not] pursuing a theocratic
    career, you will [not] be pursuing truly
    worthwhile and lasting goals. And you
    will [not] be following Jesus' perfect example.
    Such a[n] [un]wise decision will [not] make you happy.
    It will [not] protect you. And it will show
    that you are [not] determined to live up to
    your dedication to Jehovah.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Geez, they have to dig up the fictional stories of the Noachian Flood and Mosaic Exodus to drum up enthusiasm for their recruiting campaigns.

And if Jesus was such a 100% recruiter, why is it that his disciples kept wandering back to fishing? Why can we read the entire accounts of his 3 - 1/2 year ministry in a matter of hours, and much of it repetitive? If he was so gung ho, why didn't he write extensive volumes like Muhammad did for Islam? Why do we just have 'letters' by Paul, which he admits contains personal opinions? Why should we behave as if the WT message is so divine if Jesus and Paul don't seem to have been all that convinced that what they had was even worth writing down?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

It was one of those ‘do as we say not as we do’ articles. Did you notice that tone in the middle of par 9: “But how wise would it be to invest a lot of time and energy in pursuits that are not of lasting value? Granted, Jehovah’s organization continues to plan for new Kingdom Halls, branch facilities, and other theocratic projects. These endeavors, however, do have a blah, blah, blah.”

So its’ okay for WT headquarters to go on buying, selling, building, furnishing and renovating in the last days in order to make their lives more comfy? While rank and file are being told to just get by with what they’ve got. Jesus’ words keep ringing in my ears ‘but the Son of man has nowhere to lay down his head’. (Mat 8:20) GB are a lot more higher maintenance than Jesus! For sure!

Thank you Blondie.

• sd-7
    sd-7

"Granted, Jehovah's organization continues to plan for new Kingdom Halls, branch facilities, and other theocratic projects." You forgot to add: "But do we not recognize that we have no right to question what Jehovah's organization does? God has given us our place in the theocratic arrangement, and it is to remain humble and obedient, not to reason that those taking the lead are incapable of using God's resources in a way that He will approve of." Or better yet, "Just shut up. We can do whatever we want. We'll scrape the skin off your dead carcass if we can find a use for it--and if you include it for us in your last will and testament. That estate of yours is looking lovely, too. Why not keep Jehovah in mind by including us in your estate planning? That way, after you're dead, at least someone worthwhile can benefit from all your stuff, namely, us. The key is, maximize your recruiting, save a bunch of money on the side, and then die, leaving your property and investments to us. Achieve a balance between successful recruiting and contributions of a financial sort, and you'll have many, many treasures in heaven. Many. After you're dead. For real. Try it."

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit