Snippet from Instructions for Credit Card Donations at Circuit Events

by Splash 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Splash
    Splash

Thought this was a clever little ruse.

It's on page 11 of the instructions booklet.

REFUND

The “Refund” function is used to reverse a credit card transaction after it has been settled.

The “Refund” function has been disabled. Any donor whose debit or credit transaction

requires a refund should be sent to the assembly overseer or his assistant. The reason a donor

is sent to the assembly overseer or his assistant is because they are available while brothers

working in the Accounts Department are usually working in an office that is not accessible

due to security reasons.

Please do not tell the donor to call their credit card company to reverse the transaction.

There is a significant fee to the Assembly Hall for handling a reversal in this way.

Read it in full:

ftp://dushelov.no-ip.org/wtlib/WTPUB-eng/other/2011-November-Kingdom-Ministry.pdf

Splash

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

go see an ass. overseer... so he can berate you for wanting a refund. ROFL.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

WOW! And I'm sure it will take them at least 6 months to get it refunded

• GonzoX
    GonzoX

I think everyone should go and do a credit donation and then do a charge back.

• sir82
    sir82

Or make your donation 1 cent. They'll lose that way too.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"Assembly Overseer available????" ....Please don't make me laugh

If you can find these men or pin them down over the weeked you are very lucky..10 to 1 the donor gives up and accepts his mistake and loss

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

If you can find these men or pin them down over the weeked you are very lucky..10 to 1 the donor gives up and accepts his mistake and loss

Exactly. And in frustration, you will get a dub to do a charge back. And you can bet THAT will get the attention of his elder body

• zeb
    zeb

blue sBro you are entirely correct.

Give a donation on credit? There will be families who have gone without to ge tthere and then be asked ,cajoled, conviced to donate on a credit card? what did jesus do to the traders who were wheeling and dealing in 'my fathers house'.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

WHY disable the refund facility in the first place??

HB

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

exactly hamster, can't they trust their own people?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit