Armageddon Car

by OnTheWayOut 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

A totally obnoxious elder's wife bought a top of the range luxury car in the congregation.

She went around saying to everyone they had bought the very best car they could afford as it had to last them until Armageddon..

I drove past their house last week and I noticed they (now old age pensioners) still had their 2007 luxury vehicle in the drive..

Armageddon must be really really close now going by their warped logic!!🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

I had close to 50 "Armageddon" cars!

• blondie
    blondie

I never had an Armageddon car. My family did not buy into 1975; partly because some were alive in 1925 and saw that fall by the wayside. Our reason, Matthew 24:44. But we did not share it with others. New Living Translation :You also must be ready all the time, for the Son of Man will come when least expected. So, if it was expected in 1975, it was not the right date.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

Blondie,

No, you wouldn’t have wanted to share that with others. In their wisdom, sometime in 1968 the WTS declared that “Now was not the time to be hiding behind Matthew 24:44” (The article was entitled “Why are you looking forward to 1975?”).

• Not Jacob
    Not Jacob

Armageddon Car? No but I got an Armageddon education.

Fortunately I rectified that later in life and can provide for my family comfortably.

• blondie
    blondie

Rivergang, can you point me to the comment in the W68 on In their wisdom, sometime in 1968 the WTS declared that “Now was not the time to be hiding behind Matthew 24:44” (The article was entitled “Why are you looking forward to 1975?”).

• TxNVSue2023
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Great article that….one to show any 1975 deniers.

I never had an Armageddon car but I had Armageddon dental treatment. It was spring 1975 and I came home from the dentist and told my wife.. “ Well, that is the last time I shall ever have to go to the dentist! “

She gave me a withering look, as females can, and said that I should not be so sure about that. Of course she was right , as usual.

• Gorb
    Gorb

My father in law bought his last new tyres before Armageddon in 2001. He thought.

G.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

Gorb,

What do they say:

”Cows may come, and cows may go, but the bull in this place goes on forever.”

It is certainly the case when “This place” is JW land!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit